Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Doily Gate Fold Card

I do enjoy making fun cards and I think that a gate fold card fits in the fun category! To learn how to make a gate fold check my my earlier tutorial on this technique. Here is today's gate fold card.
This was made using paper from the Floral District(#126919) designer series patterned paper pack. The doily is stamped in Raspberry Ripple using the Delicate Doilies (#122592) stamp set. Punch it out with the 2 1/2" Circle punch(#120906).


When you are punching a stamped design out, turn your stamp over so that you can line up the image in the stamp area. That way, you'll get it stamped like you want it.

I used a piece of Gumball Green cardstock that I cut to 1 1/2 x 5 1/2" to make a scallop border. Punch it with the Scallop Edge Border(#119882) punch. Save the strip of cardstock that the punch cuts off. You can use it later. The Raspberry Ripple strip on the green here was the leftover from punching out a scallop edge on Raspberry Ripple cardstock.

This brad is from the Summer Smooches brad collection (#125589). The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370) stamped in Gumball Green classic ink. It is punch with the Word Window punch(#119857). The edges are inked with Gumball Green. Don't put adhesives all the way across the greeting tag because you want it to be able to open with the "gate."

 Place Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) on half of the back of the doily you made earlier.
I find it easier to lay the paper on top of the Dimensionals so that I can see where I'm sticking it.

Here's your completed card. I needed another card so I used some of my leftovers to make the same card again, just a little different.
Have fun making some cards that are a little different than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment