Monday, March 26, 2012

Easter Blessings

I can't believe that Easter is only 2 weeks away! It seems like it was just a few days ago that we were celebrating Christmas. Well, they say that the older you get, the faster time seems to go. I guess I'm getting pretty old now then. I'll be 65 this summer. Here's an Easter card for you. It's using a retired stamp set but the idea and the punches can be used with most any flower set.
1. I used Old Olive patterned paper from the DSP Brights Patterns Stack (#117155) for my background.

 2. The daffodils are from Abundant Hope(#118547) stamp set. I colored the stamp with my Daffodil Delight, Garden Galore and Old Olive markers before I stamped. Remember when you do this to give your stamp a little huff right before you stamp it to freshen the ink. I cut loosely around the edges and adhered it to the background paper.

 3. The Easter Blessings greeting is from the same set. I used Wild Wasbi ink to stamp it on Whisper White cardstock. Then I punched it our with my Modern Label punch(#119849).

4. The doilies are made using the Doily Triple Layer punch(#122465) and Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, and Wisteria Wonder cardstock. I think they make it look like the Daffodils are in a flower garden with the bright colors.

5. Adhere this to your white cardstock base and you are ready to go.

Hope you have a blessed Easter this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment