Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Paper Doily Card

I am just loving the new Paper Doily Sizzlits die (#125592) that came out in the occasions mini catalog! I guess I've just got a touch of that Victorian romanitism in me.

I used it to make the focal point on this card and for the top embellishment.
1. Using my Big Shot Die cutting machine (#113439), I cut the doily out of Daffodil delight cardstock. I also cut a doily out of garden green cardstock. (Actually, I was having so much fun, that I cut a bunch of doilies out of all different colors so I could have some to play with.) I used melon mambo cardstock for my base.
2. I had some white doilies that I had bought in the cake decorating section of my local store that I used to back my daffodil doily.
3. To make the embellishment, I cut a 5 petal flower (punch #119880) out of Old Olive (one of my favorite colors to use!). I then used the same punch to cut a flower out of the garden green doily that I did earlier. I applied adhesive to the back of the doily flower & placed it on top of the old olive one. When you cut different shapes out of the doilies, they really need a solid one for the background. Otherwise, there are too many cut outs that they don't really look good.
4. Next, I cut a strip of 1/2" melon mambo polka dot ribbon (this exact ribbon is retired but there is a great 1/2" scallop dots ribbon that will look great here {#122985}) Apply adhesive to the back of the ribbon and wrap around the bottom of the card with the ends to the back.
5. I stamped "friend to friend" from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set (#115370) on paper & then punched it out with Word Window (#119857) punch. I punched out of Old Olive cardstock with the Modern Label punch (#119849)for the background for the greeting.
6. Using one of those super patterned brads that I got free from the Sel-a-Brations Enchantment Ribbon & Brad Pack (127279), I attached the greeting at the center of the doilies. I am loving that SU! now has so many more cool brads! I hope that they keep these patterned brads after the Sel-a-Bration sale is over. I just love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment