Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Heros All



I'm proud of the military members of my family. My sil is an Army chaplain, currently stationed at Ft. Gordon, GA. This layout has pictures from Dec. 2008 when my son-in-law returned from his tour in Iraq. Now he's already done a second tour there and is back home again. My idea for this lo which I titled "Heros All" is that there are many kinds of heros. Certainly, our military men & women are all heros, no matter where they are serving but those that they have left behind are heros too. For the 15 months that my s-i-l was over there, my dear daughter had to function as a single mom for their 3 children. She is a hero, imo, for the sacrifices that she makes so that her husband can do his job. The kids also are heros because they have to spend that time without their daddy to guide them.
For this page, I used So Saffron cardstock for the background, Always Artichoke for the matting and title and Mellow Moss for the journaling box. I ran the Hero (#116229) Jumbo Wheel in Real Red for the bottom border. The ribbon is Old Olive 1/2" striped grosgrain (#113883) ribbon. I punched the arrows from Always Artichoke cardstock using the My Way (#110709) punch. To finish out the look, I used Star Designer Brads (#112572) on the corners of the journaling box.

Obviously, I'm proud of my family members who serve our great nation. I hope that all Americans will take time to say thank you the next time you see a military person. I'm very glad that for my s-i-ls last deployment my daughter & my grandchildren were only 30 miles away from home. We enjoyed their 2 yrs at Ft. Hood but realize that they have to move on. It does make a grandma sad so!

Hope you are enjoying our blog hop. Come back tomorrow for a baby card with duckies and teddy bears.

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful layout Judy and your right, the ones that have to stay behind and be both mom and dad are special hero's too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project to honor those who serve our country and those who are left behind to keep things flowing on the home front, too. I am so thankful for our service men and women who sacrifice so much for my freedom and for all the families who are separated from their loved ones as they give their all. God bless them!
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding us about those who serve. I have a friend who is the "grandma" of two little ones and she is taking care of them while BOTH mom and dad got called for a tour. She is also a true hero!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny, taking care of grandchildren is a special calling. Let your fiend know that I appreciate her sacrifice so that both of these parents can serve!

      Delete
  4. Hi Judy,
    This is a beautiful layout!! Thank you for reminding us of our service men and women!! My son is stationed at Fort Drum, NY. and I am in Colorado. He is far from home. I dont get to see him much, but I got to go there a week after his daughter was born. He and his wife just had their first baby girl, my first Granddaughter. She is so beautiful. He has done 1 tour and is up for another one come Jan. 2013, and thats gonna be the hardest one cuz not only is he leaving his wife he is also leaving his daughter.

    Anyway, thank you for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand how it is to be the grandmother. You want to help your children out as much as you can and see them as often as possible. When my sil was deployed the 1st time, my dd stayed in KS at Ft. Riley. I went up there 3 times during that deployment and she came down here twice.
      Tell your son that he is appreciated for his service!

      Delete
  5. Hi Judy,
    I just became a Follower. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Judy for honoring our active military. My son is serving in the USAF. He turned 21 in the UAE and 22 on a small undisclosed island. As a mother it is so hard not seeing him on his birthday and Christmas. The men and women with children and spouses have it the toughest. I am working on his scrapbook and love your layout. TFS and thanks again for your sil service.
    theresa

    ReplyDelete