Monday, March 5, 2012

Cupcake Birthday Card


Ok, this card was fun to make with my new Cupcake Builder punch (#121807). 1. Because I was going to make 6 birthday cards, I used 6 different colors of paper to punch. That gave me a nice variety of colors to use to have for the icing, wrapper, candles, etc. It was easy to mix & match them with this.
2.After I punched out my pieces, I put the little cupcake "paper" wrapper on my score board & scored it to make it look like the design on a real cupcake paper. SU! now has a really cool Simply Scored Scoring Tool that can be used with this. (#122334) As of March 1, there is a diagonal piece to use on it for diagonal scoring also. While I have a score board that I've had for many years, I have not seen the diagonal piece anywhere before. You'll want to get this soon.
3. Before I built my cupcake, I cut a piece of coordinating card stock to measure 2 1/2 x 3". I used my Scallop Edge Border (#118402) to cut one long edge. I then rounded my other corners with my corner rounder (#119871).
4. As I was building my cupcake, I put a SU! dimensional (#104430) under the wrapper & the icing parts to give it some pop.
5. Using my stamp from the Teeny Tiny Wishes set (#115370), I stamped "happy birthday" on white cardstock for all 6 of the cards I was making. (I love this set! It has perfect greetings for just about everything. And they fit right in the Word Window punch perfectly!)
6. Using my Word Window punch (#119857), I lined the greeting up & cut it out. I used the Modern Label (#119849) punch to punch out backings for the greetings from colored cardstock. Adhere the greeting on top of the Modern Label tag.
7. Use the 1/16" handheld circle punch to punch holes & put brads in. I usually punch all the way through the label and the background cardstock. That way the brad ends are on the back & won't show after I adhere my decorated base to my folded cardstock.
8. Using a piece of 1/4" grosgrain ribbon (SU! has 17 different colors of this), tie a bow around the card with the bow to the front.
9. Adhere the card front to the folded card base & you are done.
You can either write a greeting on the inside or use one of many greeting stamps found throughout the SU! catalog.

No comments:

Post a Comment