Monday, March 19, 2012

Flowers & Butterflies

This card is made using the new Up in the Air stamp set(#122477) that is a hostess only set in the current Mini catalog. You can get it until April 30.  I cut Daffodil Delight patterned paper from the Flirtatious Speciality DSP (#122360). I just love all the doilies on the patterns in this set! 

1. Cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock 2 1/2" square. Using the flower & butterfly stamp from the set, I stamped the first time next to the left edge with Island Indigo ink stamping the bottom of it off on to scrap paper. I wanted more flowers but not more butterflies so I placed some pieces of scotch tape over the butterflies. I then inked my stamp and took off the tape. That allowed me to get ink on the flowers but not on the butterflies. I then stamped more flowers onto my white cardstock.



2. I love my pretty borders so I punched two sides with my Eyelet Border punch(#119853). I cut a piece of Marina Mist cardstock to measure 2 1/2" square and a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock to measure 3" square. I punched the right sides and the top of both of these with my Scallop Edge Border punch(#119882).

3. I then layered the stamped image on the blue and then on the green cardstock. With my handheld 3/16" circle punch(#101227), I punched a hole near the top corner of the Marina Mist cardstock. I added a butterfly brad from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon and Brad pack(127279) that is in the Sell-a-Bration catalog until March 31. You can get it free with a purchase of $50 or more.

4. I adhered that to the top center of the Daffodil Delight patterned paper.

5. I cut a strip of Certainly Celery cardstock to measure 5 1/2" x 1 1/8". I chose a greeting from the Heard from the Heart set (#111644) and stamped it in Island Indigo ink. I used the Scallop Edge punch to scallop the bottom, then adhered that to the bottom of the card.

6. I added Lucky Limeade ribbon from the Everyday Enchantment pack where I got the brads. I wrapped it around and tied a bow.

This is a cute little card that could be used for so very many ocassions! Hope you like it.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine my surprise when I got the mail today and my blog candy had arrived. How fast! I love the stamp set especially the little jar with flowers. All the little extras thrown in were fun, as well. Thanks for participating in the blog hop and for the opportunity to win blog candy.

    ReplyDelete