#3 Grandson had a birthday on the 9th. He turned 18. He's already enlisted in the Marines & will be going to boot camp soon. This is the card I made for him.
For this card, you need a piece of white cardstock 5 1/2x 8 1/2", a piece of patterned paper 5 1/2 x 8 3/4", a piece of coordinating patterned paper 3x4" and some scrap white cardstock. I used patterned paper from the Celebrations Designer Series Paper from last year's SU! catalog. I wanted something bright & bold for a young man about to go into the Marines.
1. With the white cardstock, after I folded it in half, I cut 2 slits on the folded side to make a popup. Check out my tutorial on popups that is here This card needs the pop up tab on the inside.
2. From scrap white cardstock, I stamped the stars from the Sprinkled Expressions set (#125130) that is in the Sell-a-Bration catalog. I cut around the edge of the stars and adhered it to the pop up tab.
4. Wrap the 5 1/2 x 8 3/4" patterned paper around the outstide of the white cardstock to cover the hole left by the pop up tab. Adhere like shown in the pop up tutorial. You may need to trim a little off of the edges of the patterned paper but I'd rather trim than have it too short.
5. Using the happy birthday star stamp from the Starring You set, I stamped in on scrap white with Night of Navy classic ink (#102977). I punched the circle out with my 1 3/4" circle punch(#119850). I then inked the edges of the circle with the Night of Navy. Using Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) I popped the circle on the 3x4" piece of patterned paper on the left side.
6. With some 1/4" Real Red Grosgrain ribbon (#109034), I tied a bow around the right side of the patterned paper. To help it stay in place, I used a couple of glue dots (#103683) under the ribbon.
7. I stamped the "look who's turning ()" from the On Your Birthday set in Night of Navy. Punch it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch(#119861). Ink the edges like you did with the other circle. Write the age (18) in the space with a Night of Navy marker(#100069) and adhere to the bottom right corner of the 3x4" paper.
8. Adhere this all to the front of the card in the center.