Friday, March 16, 2012

Flower Garden

I just love building a flower garden whether it's in my back yard...
or in my scrap room...

This flower garden was built using stamps from the Flower Fest set (#122280). If you use the unmounted stamps(like I often do), be sure you get some of the clear mount blocks (#118486, 118485, etc). i also used a bunch of my punches as this set was sized to work easily with many of our SU! punches. You don't have to use the punches to do this card. You can just cut each flower by hand but having the punches makes it go much faster! The punches that I used on this card are:
2 3/8" Scallop Circle (118874)
1 3/4" Scallop Circle (119854)
5 Petal Flower (#119880)
Butterfly (#119848)
Fancy Flower (#1189073)
1 3/8" Circle (#119860)
Modern Label (#119849)and
Word Window (#119857)
The colors of cardstock that I used for this are:
Certainly Celery 4 1/4 x 5 1/2"
Rich Razzleberry
Wisteria Wonder In Color
Daffodil Delight
Melon Mambo
I used Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive Classic ink.
1. I used the Certainly Celery for my card background.
2. I used Rich Razzleberry Classic ink to stamp all of my flowers, even the ones on Rich Razzleberry cardstock. You can stamp the flowers however looks good to you. I stamped the leaves with Old Olive ink on Old Olive cardstock. I also used the 5 petalflower punch to punch some extra leaves out of the Old Olive cardstock.
Be sure you stamp and punch out a butterfly also.
3. After you have all of your flowers, leaves & butterfly stamped & punched out or cut out, begin arranging the on your card until you are satisfied with your look. Arrange the leaves on the bottom card & place the flowers over them. You'll want the taller leaves to show out the top.
4. After you've decided where you want the flowers, start sticking them down with your adhesive. Let them overlap in areas and also overlap the leaves. You'll want to let the leaves show some but the main part is the flower show. Use Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) on the backs of 2 or 3 flowers and the butterfly to give your card some dimension.
5. Before you put the butterfly on, you will want to make and attach some antenna for it. I used some wire that I've had on hand for years now but you could also you thin strips of black paper. Attach the to the back of the butterfly. I used double glue dots (dots on top & underneath the wire). Use glue dots (#103683) to attach the white beads to the top, center of the butterfly. Then peel the paper off the Dimensionals and place your butterfly on your flower garden. I placed mine a bit off center near the top right.
6. Depending on what you plan to use this for, you can then add a greeting. I stamped "happy birthday" from Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370) with Rich Razzleberry ink on Daffodil Delight cardstock. The Teeny Tiny Wishes set has 24 different greetings that you can use for almost any occasion!
7. I punched out my greeting with my Word Window punch. I then punched out of Old Olive cardstock with the Modern Label (#119849) punch. I put the greeting on top of the label. Then I punched holes with my hand held circle punch. I attached it to the lower left using brads from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon and Brad Pack (#127279) that you can get free during the Sale-a-Bration promotion. (Until March 31)
8. I mounted that on Whisper White cardstock to complete my card and put a birthday greeting on the inside of the card.
9. As I've mentioned before, I don't like "naked" envelopes, so I used Rich Razzleberry ink to stamp some of the flowers from the set on the front of the envelope. As long as you leave the address and return address area clear, you can stamp all over your card. The Post Office doesn't care, as long as the info they need is where it belongs.


I use the Medium Whisper White envelopes (#107301) that SU! has because I've found them to be the perfect fit for my cards. A few years ago, I could get the right size envelope in many local stores. The past year or so, they have gotten really hard to find. All I find around here are just too big to really look good. SU! also has square envelopes and other sizes. Tomorrow, I will have a tutorial on stamping dominoes to make cool coasters.
Take a look at the cool ideas that Bridgett has for you today! Stamping with Bridgett

3 comments: