Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Teddy bears & ducks


1. For this baby card, I used the Daffodil Delight paper from the DSP Pattern Stack, Brights Collection (#117155) for the background, cut at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4."
2. Using the duck from the Every Little Bit stamp set (#120558), I stamped a row of ducks across the bottom of the patterned paper. I stamped in Daffodil Delight ink for a tone on tone look.
3. I cut a piece of Certainly Celery cardstock to 2 3/4 x 3 3/4." Using the Scallop Edge border punch (#119882), I scalloped the short sides.
4. I cut a piece of Whisper White cardstock to 2 x 3." I used my corner rounder (#119871)to round off all 4 corners. I sponged Daffodil Delight ink on the edges with a Stampin Sponge (#101610) that I had cut into quarters.
5. Then I stamped 3 teddy bears from the Every Little Bit set in Creamy Carmel, a sun, and 4 flowers from the same set in Daffodil Delight.
6. I adhered the stamped images to the center of the Certainly Celery cardstock. Then I adhered that to the center of the Daffodil Delight paper, just above the ducks.
7. Using the "Hello Baby" greeting from Teeny Tiny Wishes (##115370), I stamped it onto Certainly Celery cardstock with Old Olive ink. I used the Word Window punch (#119857) to punch out the greeting. Yes, I love this stamp set & punch. They make cardmaking soooooo very much easier because every greeting in this set will fit perfectly in the Word Window punch. What more could you ask for?
8. I adhered the greeting in the center top above the teddy bears. I then punched a hole on each side with my handheld circle punch (#101227). I choose 2 brads from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon and Brad Pack(#127279) that I got free with the Sale-a-Bration promotion. (You still have until March 31 to get free products.) I pushed the brads through & bent them over on the back. I think the little butterflies go perfect with the stamped "picture."
9. For my last embellishment, I tied some Lucky Limeade organdy ribbon (from the same pack as the brads) around the card, near the bottom of the Certainly Celery cardstock. I'm not good with tying bows so I've discovered this little trick that helps me. I put 2 or 3 glue dots (#103683) in strategic places under the ribbon. It's really not necessary to keep the ribbon there but it sure does help in making the bow look more like I want it to, instead of sticking out every which way!
10. I then adhered my card front to a piece of 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" Whisper White cardstock that I folded at 4 1/4." That hides the back ofthe brads & the back of the ribbon. I think it gives it a more professional look also.
I then stamped my verse from God's Blessings(#114972) on the inside.
Now it's ready to go with the gift I bought for my young friend, actually a former student. I actually love it when former students invite me to their weddings & baby showers. I really feel something special for these children that I taught(mostly in 2nd grade) who have now grown up to be productive members of our country! Tomorrow see what I did with doilies.
Your next hop will be to Bridgett's adoreable blog! Stamping with Bridgett.

5 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy,
    This is such a cute little card. I love the colors. I also am a teacher and know your former student will just love it. TFS
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be helpful if you added the link list to each post so folks know where to hop next. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete