Monday, April 16, 2012

Birds & Flowers

Have you ever had paper that was so gorgeous that you hated to use it! I got a package of Beyond the Garden DSP(#122342) a while back & that's the way I feel about it. It's so pretty that I almost can't stand to cut it but then, that's not very practical, now is it?  So here's a card I made using one of the less pretty sheets.(Actually, it's all so pretty, it was hard to decide what to start with!)

1. I choose the daisy paper on Tangerine Tango. I wanted a bright one so this fit the bill. I don't usually do oranges so this was fun for me. Of course, I had to put in some of my favorite blues with Marina Mist and Bashful Blue.

2. The bird was made using the Bird Builder (#117191) punch. Just pop out a couple of different colors, add some pen work & glue it down.

3. The 2 Daffodil Delight flowers were stamped with Early Espresso classic ink. Then I used my Fancy Flower (#118073) punch to cut them out the easy way. I adhered one directly to the background paper & the other I popped out with my SU! Dimensionals (#104430).

4. Across the bottom I tied a strip of Everyday Enchantment Calypso Coral ribbon(#126060).

5. I stamped the saying from 5th Avenue Floral (#113734) in Tangerine Tango ink on Whisper White cardstock. I popped this out with my Extra Large Oval (#119859) punch. Then I used the direct to paper method to ink my edges so it would stand out a bit more.

6. The brad I put on the saying oval is from Everyday Enchantment brads(#126126).

I'll try to use some of the gorgeous blue patterns in the Beyond the Garden pack soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment