Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pull Up Card Surprise

Since I'm a very tactile, touch, feely person, I always enjoy things that have movement. Maybe it's also because I'm never still for very long. lol Anyway, here is a card with a pull tab to give the receiver a surprise.



1. I used some of my Summer Smooches patterned paper (# ) for the background on this card. Using the 1/2" circle punch, I punched out a half circle at the top of the patterned paper. For the layers, I used Marina Mist cardstock at 2 1/2 x 3", Daffodil Delight cardstock at 3 x 3 1/2" and another Summer Smooches patterned paper at 3 1/2 x 4."

2. For the stamping on the Marina Mist, I stamped the daisy from the Fifth Avenue Floral (#113734) in Daffodil Delight classic ink using the masking technique. I stamped the saying from that set on Whisper White cardstock in Marina Mist and then cut it out with the extra large Oval Punch(#119859). I rubbed Marina Mist ink on the edges of the oval and adhered it to the lower section of the stamped layer.

3. I cut out the doily with the triple doily layer punch(#122465) out of Marina Mist, Daffodil Delight and Whisper White. I attached it to the bottom corner of the layered box with a brad from the Everyday Enchantment brads(#126126).

4. Carefully, put adhesive on 3 sides of the back patterned paper and press it to the center of the background paper. Be sure your 1/2 circle punch is at the top.

5. Punch out a circle with the 1/2" circle punch to put at the top of a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock that is 2 1/2 x 3." Write "Pull" on the blue pull circle. Decorate this card as you please. I put a butterfly cut with the Beautiful Butterflies(#114507) die and my Big Shot. Slide this into the pocket you made with the layers. Now adhere the whole thing to your card base. This gives you a fun card with some movement.

You can put any kind of special picture or message on the card that pulls out to give the recipient a special surprise. Consider add a love note or a note of encouragement, a picture of a baby, or other special person and just something fun on your card.

No comments:

Post a Comment