Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Negative Space


Using the negative space with your punches can actually be a lot of fun. It took me the longest time to understand what "negative space" was when I was taking some painting classes. When I finally figured it out it was like "Oh! it's the part left over." Now when I think of negative space, I just think about the left overs.

1. Using the Fancy Flower punch(#118073), I cut a flower out of the center of a piece of 3 x 3" patterned paper from the DSP Brights Patterned stack(#117155).

2. I stamped a large flower from Flower Fest(#122280) stamp set in Island Indigo classic ink on a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" piece of Melon Mambo cardstock.
I then placed Stampin' Dimensionals (#104430) on the back side of my punched negative space. I place this over the stamped flower.

3. Using the same patterned paper, I stamped a greeting from Heard from the Heart (#111644) stamp set in Island Indigo classic ink. I cut the greeting out to 1 1/4 x 4 1/2." and adhered it to the bottom section of the Melon Mambo cardstock.

4. I used two brads from the Everyday Enchantment Ribbon and Brad pack(#126126) to give it a bit of spunk. I also added a button from the Playground Designer Series button(#116313) set. I threaded it with some pink embroidary floss. I attached it with glue dots(#103683).

5. With my greeting on the inside, I also added the flower that I had punched out earlier to add color to the inside of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment