Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fun and Friends

So sorry this is so late getting up here. I schedule it to post at 5 am but lately, it's not been posting until I have time to go online & click on schedule again. I'll try to fogure out what's going on so it will post before I even get out of bed!

On a recent Saturday, some of us got together for a stamp club. We are starting out small but that gives us room to grow. We had tons of fun playing with stamps and getting ink all over our hands. I taught them how to do the waxed paper technique and they mixed colors together that I had not even thought of. That always happens when we get different minds together & use the creativity that God gave us!

Alice is opening another color of ink.

Cheri is layering some papers.

Here Alice is working on the waxed paper technique.



 A few weeks ago, my friends & I did a short road trip to take in some of the beautiful Texas wildflowers. We shared the cost of a van so that we could all ride together, instead of in a caravan. What fun!

The bluebonnets are still not as full and solid as we had some years before the drought hit us but at least, they are back.
We stopped at the Antique Rose Garden outside of Brenham, TX. Even their flowers weren't as pretty as years past but they were still gorgeous!

 What I wouldn't give for a gazebo covered in roses in my backyard! And a rose trellis leading up to the house. Well, I can always dream...

Here, my dear friend, Marian, takes a break in the shade.
We are so fortunate that God gives us beautiful flowers, trees & grasses to enjoy.

Psalm 27:4
One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.


Psalm 50:2

Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines forth.
Psalm 96:6

Splendor and majesty are before him; strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment