Monday, May 28, 2012

Friend to Friend

Today starts the May Glitter Queens Blog Hop! Be sure to check out all of the blogs to see the goregous creations these ladies have in store for you using so many NEW SU! products. The new catalog comes out June 1 so start drooling now. I got my copy of the catalog last Wed and I'm still drooling. As demos, we were able to order a few items early. I didn't get as much as I would have liked to have but I got more than I could afford. lol Can't wait until I can order some of the other new things that are in the catalog.

The new In Colors are just beautiful! I used Gumball Green, Midnight Muse and Raspberry Ripple on this card.
  1. The background paper is from Summer Smooches (#125409) that we were able to get last month and is also in the new catalog. It cut it 4 1/4 x 5 1/2."

2. The next layer is Gumball Green cardstock that was cut to 4 x 5" and then scalloped with the Scallop Edge Border(#119882) punch.

3. I used stamps from the new Papaya Collage(#126612) stamp set for the leafy branch in Gumball Green and the bird in Midnight Muse. I cut these out and adhered them to the center of the cardstock.

4. The frame is also from Papaya Collage. It is stamped in Raspberry Ripple. I loosely cut around the outside and then cut out the middle. I placed in on the cardstock with Stampin' Dimensionals(#104430) so that it would frame the bird & leaves.

5. The "friend to friend" from Teeny Tiny Wishes(#127802c) is stamped in Raspberry Ripple. It is punched out with the Word Window (#119857) punch. Punch the Raspberry Ripple cardstock with the Modern Label (#119849) punch. Attach them over the frame using a whole dimensional on the right end. Cut a dimensional in half or cut an edge piece from the dimensional sheet to put under the bottom left edge. That way it fits over the frame without any trouble.

6. Adhere the card front to the card base and put your greeting on the inside.

Check out Anji's blog for your next hop by clicking here.

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors!!! Pretty cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your cards. The new sets and papers look very interesting. I like the new colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Stampin' Up! wish list is a mile long! I love the new design of the catalog and am super excited about all the fun new stamps I got for FREE. I love being a SU! demonstrator! :) Your card is super sweet and I will be hopping by tomorrow to see more!
    Hugs,
    Bridgett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the colors on your card. TFS

    Babe
    youiesmom@att.net

    ReplyDelete