Thursday, May 10, 2012

Where the Buffalo Roam

I have the hardest time with cards for men. I lean towards floral & femine type cards so when I know that I have a male birthday coming up, I have to make a special effort for it. That's a big reason why I cought the In the Wilderness (#120537) stamp set.
These images of wild animals have a manly look and feel so it's easier for me to create a card for the men who I send greetings to.

1. For the 4 1/4 x 5 1/2" background, I used some paper that I had left over from the Washington Apple DSP from a couple of years ago.

2. The Marina Mist cardstock strip across the middle is 2 1/4" wide. I placed a 1" ribbon across that and added a metal circle brad.

3. The So Saffrom patterned paper is from the Washington Apple paper also. I cut it at 2 1/2 x 3 3/4."

4. The buffalo from the set is stamped in Really Rust classic ink and mounted on SU! Dimensionals in the center of that paper.

5. The greeting, from the On Your Birthday(#111664) is stamped in Marina Mist on white cardstock. It was cut with the Large Oval (#119855) punch and the edges inked with Marina Mist.

Now it's all ready to send to the next man who has a birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment