Monday, May 21, 2012

Melon Mambo & Daffofil Delight Doilies

  1. The background for this card is made with some leftover Raspberry Tart designer patterned paper that I've had for a couple of years. I liked the way the Melon Mambo and Raspberry Tart looked together. I often have a tendancy to do cards with more muted tones, like pastels or earth tones, so when I do a bright one, it's a bit different for me.

2. I used a piece of Melon Mambo 1/2" Polka Dot grosgrain(#115611) ribbon for this card. Cut it about 5" long, apply adhesive to the back of it and place it about 1" from the bottom. Wrap the ends around to the back of the card front.

3. I cut 2 doilies from the speciality doily paper in the Fliratious Specialty (#122360) Designer Paper set. The third one, was cut from the middle of one of the doilies. The white on this card is the back side of one of the doilies.

4. Using stamps from the Delicate Doilies(#122592) stamp set, I stamped 2 in Daffodil Delight classic ink. The tiny flowers are punched with the Trio Flower(#109183) punch from 2009. (Yes, SU! punches last a long time) The Daffodil Delight doilies were punched with the 1 1/4" Circle (#119861) punch and the 1 3/8" Circle (#119860) punch. I adhered each layer of the doilies with SU! Dimensionals (#104430) to give them the pop up look.

5. The greeting is from the Perfect Punches (#102516) stamp set stamped in Melon Mambo classic ink. It was punched out with the Scallop Oval(#119856) punch.

I found it to be fun for me to do a bright card for a change! Maybe, I'll do them more often.  

No comments:

Post a Comment