Sunday, May 6, 2012

How does my garden grow?

Actually, it's growing very well thank you. Since I live in Texas, I can usually start planting in early March. I always plant tomatoes and some type of squash. Then it varies from what I'm in the mood for. This I planted brocolli, cauliflower, carrots, watermelon, crookneck squash, red & green bell peppers, spinach, onions and English peas. The spinach is not doing very well and the peas look a little yellow. The brocolli started blooming too soon so I'm not getting that like I would like. I also planted some arugula but some creature enjoyed that just a few days after I planted it. I've also added to my herb garden this year. I added some chives, parsley, and basil. I already have tyme, rosemary, oregano & mint.

And the LORD God planted a garden in Eden... Gen. 2.8

My squash is really doing well.


 The squash is what I've already been picking...










and canning!



It won't be long now until I'm picking and canning tomatoes.


 The peppers are starting to look nice too.
 brocolliWatermelon

Shasta daisies and beyond you can see my oregano.

Now you can see one of the reasons why I didn't get a project done this week! But God is so good to let me grow some of  my own veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment