Friday, May 4, 2012

Mother's Day Card

With May upon us, Mother's Day will be here before you know it. If you haven't yet, it's time to start thinking about how to treat your mom extra special. My mom is in heaven now. I hope that I did enough for her while she was still here!














I always think flowers when I think Moms so I used 5th Avenue Floral(#113734) for this card.This is one of my favorite sets. If you don't have it, I strongly recomment that you buy it now, either from me or your own SU! demonstrator. It is on the list to be retired June 1, 2012. You need to get it while you still can.

1. I embossed my Marina Mist cardstock with the Stripes (#123128) embossing folder & my Big Shot(#113439).

2. Adhere a 1" wide ribbon on the cardstock & wrap the ends around to the back.

3.The layers are Daffodil Delight from the Beyond the Garden(#122342) patterned paper cut to 2 3/4 x 4 1/2" with the corners rounded. The next layer is Whisper White Cardstock cut to 2 1/4 x 3 3/4." I ran it through my Big Shot with an embossing folder that I've had for a few years. I used the direct to paper method and rubbed Marina Mist classic ink on top of the embossing.

4. I stamped the rose from 5th Avenue Floral with Daffodil Delight and cut it out. I popped it up by putting several SU! Dimensionals(#104430) on the back. Love those dimensionals!

5. The greeting is from Teeny Tiny Wishes (#115370) stamped with Marina Mist ink. I punched it out with my Word Window (#119857) punch and mounted it on a piece of Marina Mist cardstock punched with the Modern Label(#119849) punch. I attached it with 2 dark blue brads.

Hope you enjoy making your own Mom's day extra special.

No comments:

Post a Comment