Wednesday, May 9, 2012

I dig dinosaurs

I have loved dinosaurs since second grade! Well, you need to understand that I don't mean since I was IN second grade but instead, since I TAUGHT second grade. My first year in 2nd grade the first unit we taught in science was about dinosaurs. Still being young & having been in special ed for 6 yrs, where I really couldn't do much of the fun stuff, I had a great time with dinosaurs. That year and every year after! While I don't have all the materials & books that I collected onm dinos, I still think they are great fun! So, I had been looking at the Dinosaur(#122535) stamp set for quite a while. I finally got it! Here is the first card that I made with it. Any little boy would love it & many little girls too.





I made it as a gate fold card, so that's the line you see down the center. If you want to know how to make gate fold cards, check here.

Use the green"stripe" paper that is in the Summer Smooches DSP(#125409) and cut it to 4 1/4 x 5 1/2." I know. That doesn't fit for the gate fold but bear with me.

Across the center of the green paper, stamp a line of trees from the Lovely As A Tree(#115026) stamp set. I stamped this in Wild Wasabi classic ink but I think that Old Olive might have been even better.

Now, cut your paper in half at 2 1/8" so that it will fit on each side of the gate. Adhere Certainly Celery ribbon to each of these pieces and wrap the ends around the back.

Stamp the dinosaurs that you like from the set. There are 4 dinos & 2 sayings. If you wish, you can stamp another dino on the inside of the card to greet the receiver when he opens the card. Color the dinosaurs with Watercolor Pencils(#101879) and a blender pen(#102845). Who says dinosaurs have to be green or brown. To my knowledge, scientists have not found color in those fossils that will tell them what colors those guys really were! Have fun wioth them!

The saying at the top right is from the set stamped with Old Olive classic ink on white cardstock. Punch it out with the Scallop Oval(#3119856) punch and sponge the edges with Old Olive ink.

I used SU! Dimensionals (#104430) on the backs of my dinos to pop them up some and colored a bit of shadow below them with my gray Watercolor Pencil.

All the typos these days I will blame on my finger splint! It's good to have something to blame them on. lol I've got a condition called trigger finger in my right ring finger. The splint helps it not to hurt so much. I've already had the shot that didn't help so the dr. wants to do a simple surgery on it. I'm not opposed to the surgery. I'm just trying to wait till July when I will turn 65 and will be in Medicare. My current insurance is better than nothing but not much. When I'm on Medicare with my supplement, it should pay for almost all of it. This is not life threatening, so I think I can wait. In the mean time, it's sure hard on my typing!

No comments:

Post a Comment